Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Quicky for T'day

Hosting Thanksgiving is one of my duties as a mom and wife in this family. We have the big house, we're centrally located, I cook... so it's my gig. I enjoy it... once I have it under control. I used to make lists for weeks, now I stay calm, keep it simple and delegate!

One of my favorite crowd pleasers is Cranberry Salsa. The first year I did this the family thought i was crazy. They had never heard of such a thing and we're from California! Ten years later, they ask for it. In fact my sister in Virginia asked for the recipe today. The best recipe I've found for cran-salsa is made in the blender, which also makes it the easist!

Break out the tortilla chips and let the party begin!

Cranberry Salsa

Ingredients:
1 package cranberries
juice of 2 limes
1 garlic clove
2/3 cup sugar
½ cup cilantro
2 jalapenos, diced and seeded
4 green onions

Method:
Put all ingredients in blender or food processor. Pulse to desired consistency.
Let stand in refrigerator for a few hours. The salsa will get spicier as it sits.

Enjoy!

No comments: