Monday, February 20, 2012

Quick Recipe: Mexican Spiced Roast Beef


I love writing recipes.  My computer programmer type brain loves listing out commands in specific order.  I envision putting the recipe into a cooking machine (or the hands of a good cook) and if my recipe is well written, precise & elegant (programmer speak), only great food can come from it.

My sister asked me about the Mexican Spiced Roast Beef I was making to turn into chile this week.   I typed this up with my thumbs, on my iPhone, as my husband drove us to Mammoth yesterday.  Can't think of a better way to kill drive time than writing recipes!
Mexican Spiced Roast Beef
Ingredients:
 5lb roast beef
2 TBSP oil,
1 TBSP each coriander, cumin, Mexican oregano & salt, some pepper.
1 onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced.
1 Beer

Method:
Rub the roast with all the spices. 
Brown the roast in the hot oil in large Dutch Oven. 
Add the onion & garlic and cook for 2 minutes. 
Add the beer. 
Cover it & bake in oven at 325F for 3 hours. 
(I added carrots & potatoes for last 40 minutes. Yum!) 
Remove from oven. Let roast rest for 20 minutes, slice & serve with the jus from the pot.

No comments: