Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Culinary Vixen's New Vision

Look for new things up here at Culinary Vixen.  Its time to revamp the blog, give it new life and find my food voice again. I have a few themes up my sleeve; ready to be pulled out, dusted off and unfolded to share with the world. Here's a preview of some of the topics I'll be concentrating on in the future:

  • Recipes from cooking school
    • Sharing recipes I've kept for over 20 years.  There's a reason I still have these! 
  • Exploring Culture - One recipe at a time
    • I love ALL cuisines and exploring flavors from around the world keeps me excited about food. I will post amazing recipes from around the globe, to inspire your palate!
  • Can we pickle it?
    • In 2014 I became part of a kickstarter campaign called Kraut Source, an ingenious device (I hope, haven't received it yet. If you want details go to their kickstarter page for more information.). I plan on using these things to pickle any veggie I get my hands on. Small batch is where it's at!  Can't wait to dive into the healthy bacteria world! 
  • We want cheese please!
    • If you know me, you know I'm a cheese freak. QuesoBeso is slowly dying as the cheese world in the South Bay is being inundated by Murray's of New York via Kroger/Ralphs grocery stores. But fear not, I will still bring you awesome cheese selections, information and pairings. 
  • I ate it - Here!
    • Living in the South Bay of Los Angeles county we have an amazing choice of restaurants to choose from.  I enjoy eating out with my family and doing quick reviews to help others sort through it all and find the gems. Look here for lists of regional favorites - El Segundo, Hermosa, Redondo, Manhattan, Gardena and Torrance; just to get us started. 
  • What do you do with this?
    • Gadgets can be fun; let's explore them!
  • MY food network
    • I've been cooking, hard core cooking, for about 20 years. I have met many very interesting food people along the way.  Some of them I don't even remember how I met. I want to use Culinary Vixen to reconnect with my food family and share their particular knowledge with my readers.
Well, that's the gist of it.  New ideas and a brand new start for 2015.  I'm excited to get started.  If I can only figure out how (really, remember how) to get this thing formatted beautifully.

Thanks for your patience! :)

Vickie - Culinary Vixen

2 comments:

Unknown said...

looks impressive to me, much like many of your cuisine ideas. i will tend to post what i call 'ugly food' which uses things poor people can get hold of and doesn't worry too much about presentation, so if any of it inspires you toward classier versions you're welcome to it! :-)

Anonymous said...

I've just been catching up on your blog and I love your vision! I would appreciate any guidance you can provide for relatively low-cal, gluten-free dishes without meat. (Just drooled a bit over your fondue potatoes dish from a while ago... two out of three ain't bad! ;) ) --Sheila