Friday, February 16, 2007

Microwaved Croissant?

I had a quick breakfast at Le Pain Quotidien in the Metlox plaza in Manhattan Beach this morning. I've been to this place several times. I've always loved the simple goodness of the food. Hearty breads, fresh salads and creative French/Belgian twists on classics.
However... this morning I ordered the Croissant with French Ham and Gruyere Cheese with Mesclun and 3 mustards. What I got was a soggy and tough microwaved croissant which had been sliced open and stuffed with a slice each of ham and Gruyere. I ate it, don't get me wrong, I'm a food snob but I don't complain to the waitstaff about the practices of the kitchen staff... but I have to say I was sadly disappointed. Definitely not up to the standards I thought Le Pain was trying to keep. Es tu Le Pain?

No comments: